Friday, January 9, 2009

Why I do not want to go to work today


  • I let the girls stay home from MDO, but I still don’t feel like we spent enough time together

  • Kate wrote me a letter (all by herself), it says “Mommy I love you”

  • I’m tired

  • I feel rundown

  • My head hurts

  • My neck hurts

  • I don’t have an appetite

  • I don’t feel like doing anything

  • I need gas in my car

  • I have to go in early for a staff meeting

  • It’s cold outside

God, please give me the energy, strength, and attitide to go to work. I miss my family. I feel so empty just thinking about being away from them. Come and fill that empty space. Be close to me. Don't let me linger on how much I miss them and all the reasons I don't want to go to work. Let me focus on you. I have faith that you will bring me through. School is starting back in just a few days. Along with all of the studying, papers, assignments, exams, and MANY, MANY hours of clinicals, you have allowed me to be part of a wonderful family. I already feel like I don't see them enough. Please multiply the time that we do have together so that it feels like we are spending lots of time together. I'm making myself depressed over the whole situation. I don't feel well, but I think a lot of it is mental. I am mentally drained and I need a pick me up. I need to be able to have more time to express my love for my family. They miss me, too. Kate tells me DAILY. Be with Kate, Cali, and Will. Help them to have a good next three days (since I won't really see a lot of them). Give us all peace. Get me out of my rut. Send me someone to share your word with at work. Let me be a light for you, Lord. Don't let my attitude hinder your work. I love you. In Christ's name, AMEN.

No comments: