Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Putting our lives in God's hands

"Putting our lives in God's hand doesn't mean we do nothing. Instead we do all He puts in our hands." ~Pamela McQuade. I have this torn out quote hanging above my desk. I know it looks tacky, but I just need the reminder.

It gets really difficult being a wife, a mother of two very active, young children (that I would love to spend every second of every day with), a full-time graduate student that works full-time to pay the bills and does clinicals (unpaid). Sometimes I forget why I am doing this. Then, I remember it's because He has given me these tasks.

As I sit here right now (really wanting to go back to bed and take a nap before work), I am trying to get some school work done so I can spend ALL of my Saturday morning before work with the girls.


God, thank you for the blessings that you have poured out on my life. ALL of which I am totally undeserving. Thank you for my family. Thank you for the two most perfect children for me. Thank you for my husband who doesn't understand me, but loves me anyway. Thank you for my friends that comfort me and love me. Thank you for loving me and allowing Jesus to provide us a better future. Thank you for my job. Thank you for all of your provisions.

No comments: