Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I will lie down and sleep in peace

Since Kate was ,"awfully lonely" in her room by herself, she moved in to Cali's room (months ago now). It is totally normal to hear laughter and playing after the girls are put to bed. Cali throws her blankie and her paci over the crib, Kate retrieves it and they both giggle. They are too silly! Sometimes, after they are asleep, I go in to their room and pray for them. The other night when I got home from work, I opened the door only to see this...


She didn't even flinch when I took about five pictures! I picked her up and put her back in her bed. It's funny how kids just go to sleep when they are tired. Why can't I just go to sleep when I am tired? Instead, I worry. I think about what I need to do, what I should be doing. I worry some more. I have tried to turn my worries into prayers to let God take control of them.

"I will lie down and sleep in peace,

for you alone, O LORD,

make me dwell in safety."

~Psalm 4:8

No comments: