Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread

If you have known me for any length of time, you know that I must eat frequently. There is no medical explanation for my mood if I do not eat (my blood sugar is high enough without food--- it is NOT hypoglycemia). But I tend to get a little temperamental if I do not eat regularly. Why do I let food decide if I am going to be in a decent mood or not? I’m sure there are people who do not know me well who are thinking, “She has lost her mind; she is not fat”. Well, this is not about fat (even though my last post eluded to that). It is about the control that food has over me. If I enjoy the taste of something, I eat more. I want more. I will spend more to get more. Then, I eat more. Once I eat more, I want more, so I spend more to get more, so I can eat more (get the point yet).

I have realized recently just how many things get put before God, food being one [sleep is the other big one, but since I am quite dysfunctional without sleep (because I fall out), I have decided to save that for when I physically feel better from my recent illnesses]. With all this being said, the verse this post is based on has created a need to act.

Job 23:12 “I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.”

1 comment:

Stacy and John said...

Very true. I like to eat and sleep, too. But, I do love God more. :) Thanks for the encouraging reminder.