Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Great Gates of Kiev











The Alys Stephens Center at UAB hosts the Alabama Symphony Orchestra and has family day (not sure how often). But Will's mum (pictured above with Kate)has been taking Kate about once a month to the "concert". Over the Christmas holidays, the kids were asked to "paint to music". While listening to The Great Gates of Kiev by Modest Mussorgsky, Kate painted the above picture (the top one). The bottom one she painted while listening to rap music (ok, so I made that part up). Anyway, she won an award this past weekend at the concert and we are really proud of her. She is embarassed by all of her accomplishments (I have no idea why). But, a few people had asked to see a picture of her picture. Oh, and yes, she paints for money (I'm trying to see if she can outsell her dad this year). . .
Oh, and the other two pics are just because I love my munchkins!

No comments: