Thursday, December 18, 2008

I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness ~Psalm 6:17

This week has been full of exciting things! Tuesday was my appointment at the surgeon's office.

My friend Marion gave me this scripture before the appointment, "The king asked, 'Why does your face look so sad even though you are not sick?'". (Nehemiah 2:2).

It did not help as much as I wished it would have. I was nervous when he said yea, there's definitely a swollen axillary node there. . . yes, I feel the lump. . . the part that really caught me off guard was when he said, "nah, it's nothing to worry about." Huh? What!? Seriously? PRAISE GOD! Psalm 16:9 "Therefore, my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure!"

Apparently, among my many other unique features (some people insert the word anomaly here), I have bony deformities of my ribs that cause my breast tissue to feel abnormally hard on the edges. SWEET! I'm glad God made me special. . . in more way than one.

Sorry it took me so long to get back. We have had an eventful past three days. I'll try to sum it up beginning with Tuesday: to the surgeon, received good news, picked up the girls from MDO, don't really know until last night when Kate puked in her sleep and it did not wake her up. Will just heard her coughing (she has not been sick), went in and she had thrown up. So, we cleaned her up, pulled off the sheets and I put her in our bed. About an hour later our sheets needed to be changed. Cleaned her up again. Today she feels better. I feel better.

I want to leave you with a story. A story found in Luke 17: 11-19. Ten men suffering from leprosy. Ten men healed by Jesus. One man praised God in a loud voice. Nine men did not acknowledge their healer. Why? Who knows. I just know that I NEVER want to be those nine men. EVER. Maybe I was not in need of a healing today, but I believe that God sent me what we needed: a reason for my abnormality. I do not expect God's blessings, but I am extremely grateful. God knows my heart. He knows it better than I do. My responsibility is to not only praise Him, but to tell others of His power, His mercy, and His grace. God is awesome. He does wonderful things. Sometimes, He does things and we do not even acknowledge what could have been.
Thank you, Lord, for allowing everything to check out abnormally normal at the doctor's office. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for protecting me.

No comments: