Monday, December 15, 2008

TEN?! more days!?

Christmas happenings... WHAT!? Christmas?! Already? I think I have been saying this for weeks. The tree is up, the ornaments have been placed...



The tree has almost taken a tumble once or twice (the kids think the ornaments are to play with and then put back. They are not real good with the putting the ornaments back GENTLY, yet.) I probably will not put up a picture of the Christmas tree. We took the duct tape off this year, so it leans quite a bit (maybe that is why it has almost tumbled a couple of times). But, I will post a picture of ELSEY in our tree . . .

ELSEY is our Elf on the shelf. One of my best friends, Tina, sent ELSEY in the mail to us (Thanks, T ;). Kate is really enjoying Christmas this year. I stayed in Sunday School with the girls this morning and Miss Lisa and Mr. Brian brought in their toy manger scene (which is just like ours at home... except baby Jesus has been misplaced...). Kate did such a good job answering the questions about the "Christmas story". Thank you, Lord, for a child who listens to your word. I pray that my children will always desire you and seek you with all of their heart, soul, mind, and strength. I pray that their desire for you burns so strong that Satan himself cannot snuff it out.

I pray that my children have a heart to know God, to have faith in the birth, death, resurrection , and second coming (which is coming!) of Jesus Christ. I cannot express my desire for this enough. I pray that God will use me to teach my children of His love. Paul's prayer in Phillipians comes to mind often for not only me, but for my children...


Dear God,
I pray that your love abounds more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that we may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ.
In Christ's name, Amen.




*** The Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect us from the evil one. (2 Thessalonians 3:3)

No comments: