Thursday, June 18, 2009

Do everything without complaining or arguing

6:30 a.m. on my only off day for 7 days and I am sleeping peacefully. "Mommy, I'm hungry. Please fix me a peanut butter sandwich"

The dishes are piled up on both sides of the sink

The laundry overflows out of the laundry basket onto the floor

The milk jug is empty

"Mommy, I need you to take me to the potty."

I have a paper due in two days

I haven't had eight hours straight of sleep in a very long time

I miss my kids

I miss my husband

It is so hard to do EVERYTHING without COMPLAINING OR ARGUING! I am so selfish. I want it all to work out the way I want it to work out. I want to spend lots of time with my family. I want to be done with school. I want my bills to be paid. I want the clothes to wash themselves. I want the dishes to wash themselves. I want the food to cook itself. I have had to stop myself SO many times in the past two weeks for wanting to complain or argue.
It's so hard to set a good example for my children and ask them to do everything without complaining or arguing if I can't do it myself.
I'm trying. I am trying to consciously tell myself to just do it and don't complain (out loud) about it. Maybe if I tell myself enough I will just quit doing it. I don't mean to be such a complainer.
At least I have a husband
At least I have children
At least I have a home
At least I have food
At least I have a job
At least I can go to school
At least I have my salvation

~ Do everything without complaining or arguing ~Phillipians 2:14

No comments: