Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kate has a new love
















Today I got a call that there were some kittens found in a dumpster and one was calico. I said I would only have a calico cat (this was what my first pet was). So, we went to look at them. The calico looked good, but Kate IMMEDIATELY fell in love with what I think (hope) is the runt of the litter. There were six kittens total and the one that Kate fell in love with (her name is now Strawberry Shortcake) is about half the size of the others. She plays and eats and has peed, but I am worried she might be sick. She really likes to sleep and she is so much smaller than the others. Will is going to take them both to the vet in the morning. Hopefully, whatever she has is treatable, because Kate is in love with her. She informed me that her kitten was the best kitten in the whole world.

Oh, and her name. Originally, Kate named her Ella, but after we arrived home she changed it. She said she didn't look like an Ella, she looked like a Strawberry Shortcake. We couldn't get anything shorter out of her. . . I'll let you know what the vet says about her health.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I can not get over how much Kate looks like YOU!