Monday, March 30, 2009

Colossians 3:12

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Compassion is when my whole body aches for a baby suffering and struggling just to stay alive on a breathing machine. Compassion is when my head aches from fighting back the tears as a mom holds her baby for the first AND last time.

Kindness is when Kate shares her last M & M with Cali even though they each had the same amount to begin with. Kindness is when my friend comes to my house and does my laundry when I am so busy with school work, NOT when I leave a kitchen sink full of dishes just so I can complain about it later.

Humility is when Will does not boast on himself for his artwork, but only God. Humility is when I know who my maker is and I acknowledge it. Humility is when I give credit where credit is due—to God, NOT when I brag on my accomplishments.

Gentleness is when I explain to the girls why they are in trouble and what they did wrong, NOT
yelling at them.

Patience is when I pray and ask for God’s guidance in my future and wait and wait and wait for a response. Patience is NOT when I am driving to work in traffic. Patience is NOT when I am waiting on the girls to do something that I have asked them to do.

How can I be more compassionate, more kind, more humble, more gentle, and more patient?

No comments: